Rusticles - Wed Aug 12 2020
August 12, 2020
Rusticles, a weekly curation for all things Rust in one centralised place. Here is your curation for Wed Aug 12 2020.
Hot Rust Articles This Week On Reddit
- Introducing Bevy: a refreshingly simple data-driven game engine and app framework built in Rust (1 day ago)
- Google engineers just submitted a new LLVM optimizer for consideration which gains an average of 2.33% perf. (6 days ago)
- Meili raises 1.5M€ for open source search in Rust (2 days ago)
- rustc 1.44.1 is reproducible in Debian (6 days ago)
- Surviving Rust async interfaces - fasterthanli.me (2 days ago)
- Why QEMU should move from C to Rust (5 days ago)
Rust Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Ali GOREN: Structuring Data Types in Rust
- Felipe Ferreira da Silva: Discord server: Game Development in Rust
- Niranjana: Understanding Rust Closures
- Petr Janik: Rust 1 - Basic syntax
- JC: How to Stick with Rust
- Gleb Irovich: #helpGo vs Rust for web dev
- Petr Janik: Rust 2 - Memory and advanced structures
- Borja Lorente: Why learning Rust is great… As a second language
- Daniel Imfeld: Selective Closure Capture in Rust
- Harikrishnan Menon: Lets build a RedditBot to curate playlist links
- Harikrishnan Menon: Lets build a RedditBot to curate playlist links - II
- Harikrishnan Menon: Lets build a RedditBot to curate playlist links - III
- Rick: Steve Klabnik Interview: Rust isn’t afraid to be imperfect as long as we ship something useful
- Richard de Jesus: Aprendendo Rust: 06 - Controles de fluxo
Trending Rust Repositories This Week On Github
- paritytech/substrate (Rust): Substrate: The platform for blockchain innovators
- nushell/nushell (Rust): A new type of shell
- paritytech/polkadot (Rust): Polkadot Node Implementation
- sharkdp/bat (Rust): A cat(1) clone with wings.
- rust-lang/rustlings (Rust): 🦀 Small exercises to get you used to reading and writing Rust code!
- 996icu/996.ICU (Rust): Repo for counting stars and contributing. Press F to pay respect to glorious developers.
- rust-embedded/rust-raspberrypi-OS-tutorials (Rust): 📚 Learn to write an embedded OS in Rust 🦀
- meilisearch/MeiliSearch (Rust): Lightning Fast, Ultra Relevant, and Typo-Tolerant Search Engine
- dandavison/delta (Rust): A viewer for git and diff output
- dani-garcia/bitwarden_rs (Rust): Unofficial Bitwarden compatible server written in Rust
- ogham/exa (Rust): A modern version of ‘ls’.
- shadowsocks/shadowsocks-rust (Rust): A Rust port of shadowsocks
- spacejam/sled (Rust): the champagne of beta embedded databases
- solana-labs/solana (Rust): Web-Scale Blockchain for fast, secure, scalable, decentralized apps and marketplaces.
- amethyst/amethyst (Rust): Data-oriented and data-driven game engine written in Rust
- tokio-rs/tokio (Rust): A runtime for writing reliable asynchronous applications with Rust. Provides I/O, networking, scheduling, timers, …
- gfx-rs/wgpu-rs (Rust): Rust bindings to wgpu native library
- yewstack/yew (Rust): Rust / Wasm framework for building client web apps
- hecrj/iced (Rust): A cross-platform GUI library for Rust, inspired by Elm
- clap-rs/clap (Rust): A full featured, fast Command Line Argument Parser for Rust
- BurntSushi/ripgrep (Rust): ripgrep recursively searches directories for a regex pattern
- openethereum/openethereum (Rust): The fast, light, and robust client for Ethereum-like networks.
- timberio/vector (Rust): A lightweight and ultra-fast router for building observability pipelines
- cloudflare/quiche (Rust): 🥧 Savoury implementation of the QUIC transport protocol and HTTP/3
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
A personal blog on all things of interest. Written by Dennis O'Keeffe, Follow me on Twitter