August 19, 2020
Go Weekly, a weekly curation for all things Go in one centralised place. Here is your curation for Wed Aug 19 2020.
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
- Proposal: Register-based Go calling convention (5 days ago)
- Task v3.0.0 is released! 🎉🎉🎉 (2 days ago)
- Create versatile Microservices in Golang - part 1 of 10 part series (2 days ago)
- Just released v1.9.0 of glab (a GitLab Cli tool written in golang) with new cool features including WATCHING A RUNNING PIPELINE AND VIEWING A JOB’S TRACE/LOG DIRECTLY FROM YOUR CLI. (2 days ago)
- airscan: Go package to scan paper documents 📄 from a scanner 🖨️ via the network 🕸️ using the Apple AirScan (eSCL) protocol (2 days ago)
Go Articles This Week On Dev.To
- TECH SCHOOL: Write Go unit tests for db CRUD with random data
- TECH SCHOOL: A clean way to implement database transaction in Golang
- George Offley: Working with Context in Go
- Shiraaz Moollatjie: #showdevGophorem - A go API client for forem
- Jogendra Kumar: Using Vim for Go Development
- Slim Coder: #showdevDropped a “Golang Course For Absolute Beginners”
- Anisha Mohanty: How to Install GO?
- Jędrzej Szczepaniak: DynamoDB with Go #1 - Setup
- Saravanan G: Develop REST API with Basic API Authentication using Go
- Tom Holloway 🏕: Setting up a simple web server in Go with gofiber
- Michelle Mannering: Good-first-issues: How to get contributors to your project
- Andrew Baisden: What are the best courses for learning Python and Go?
- Donald Feury: Total Database Control in Go with Gorm
- Preslav Mihaylov: Using Kibana to Debug Production Issues
- Tom Holloway 🏕: Debugging in Go with VS Code
- wachira_Dev: Create API with Gin in Golang Part 2
- ಮಿಥುನ್: why to use sync.WaitGroup in golang?
- Amal Shaji: New Series:
Building a URL Shortener [Golang + Redis]: Code to Deployment
- wachira_Dev: Create API with Gin in Golang Part 3
- Donald Feury: #discussStream Idea - Teaching Go Live
- mrdeluofficial: Google Compute Engine
- αςнο αяηοℓδ: How to build, run and test go2 files locally
- Mohammed Al Ashaal: using jQuery-like syntax to scrap websites
- Alestor Aldous: So Should I Go For Node Js Or Golang ??
Trending Go Repositories This Week On Github
- pingcap/tidb (Go): TiDB is an open source distributed HTAP database compatible with the MySQL protocol
- smartcontractkit/chainlink (Go): node of the decentralized oracle network, bridging on and off-chain computation
- fatedier/frp (Go): A fast reverse proxy to help you expose a local server behind a NAT or firewall to the internet.
- halfrost/LeetCode-Go (Go): ✅ Solutions to LeetCode by Go, 100% test coverage, runtime beats 100% / LeetCode 题解
- google/go-github (Go): Go library for accessing the GitHub API
- 360EntSecGroup-Skylar/excelize (Go): Golang library for reading and writing Microsoft Excel™ (XLSX) files.
- facebook/ent (Go): An entity framework for Go
- micro/micro (Go): Micro is a framework for cloud native development
- v2ray/v2ray-core (Go): A platform for building proxies to bypass network restrictions.
- talkgo/night (Go): Weekly Go Online Meetup via Zoom and Bilibili｜Go 夜读｜由 SIG 成员维护｜通过 zoom 在线直播的方式分享 Go 相关的技术话题，每天大家在微信/telegram/Slack 上及时沟通交流编程技术话题。
- containers/podman (Go): Podman: A tool for managing OCI containers and pods
- iawia002/annie (Go): 👾 Fast, simple and clean video downloader
- cortexproject/cortex (Go): A horizontally scalable, highly available, multi-tenant, long term Prometheus.
- Mrs4s/go-cqhttp (Go): cqhttp的golang实现，轻量、原生跨平台.
- gwuhaolin/livego (Go): live video streaming server in golang
- wagoodman/dive (Go): A tool for exploring each layer in a docker image
- avelino/awesome-go (Go): A curated list of awesome Go frameworks, libraries and software
- rancher/rancher (Go): Complete container management platform
- cli/cli (Go): GitHub’s official command line tool
- sirupsen/logrus (Go): Structured, pluggable logging for Go.
- ethereum/go-ethereum (Go): Official Go implementation of the Ethereum protocol
- OWASP/Amass (Go): In-depth Attack Surface Mapping and Asset Discovery
- moby/moby (Go): Moby Project - a collaborative project for the container ecosystem to assemble container-based systems
- asaskevich/govalidator (Go): [Go] Package of validators and sanitizers for strings, numerics, slices and structs
- rancher/k3s (Go): Lightweight Kubernetes
Topics from the Weekly Go Forum
- Go web server shuts down
- How to use list of struct retuned from other pkg in main.go ‘s interface?
- Question on closure in Go (Go and Coding beginner)
- Backend Software Engineer (Go) - Amsterdam
- Easy way for letter substitution (reverse complementary DNA sequence)
- Converting “RDAP” to “gRPC”
- MD5 Hashing problem
- Can someone please explain
- How to encode a slice as packed binary data and write to file
- Seeking Volunteers for Cool Project
- How can i know limit memory size of golang application?(Sys, Heap, Stack)
- Math with Pointer
- Strange behaviour with C-Includes
- Escaping a dot in a template variable
- Package dependency information of Binary
- Why is the performance of this function better?
- Problem with cgo performance
- Advice Please: FileServer Limit Access only to server side
- Variable scoping issue in struct
- Dynamic Object creation on Unmarshalling JSON
- Any recommended http client with refresh access token when expired?
- Discovering system proxy
- Do Golang programs tend to be more energy and resource efficient than other programming languages in their respective fields?
- Accessing to struct methods from within another struct’s methods
- Bcrypt password does not match
- How to handle broadcast message in this type of net server?
- Trigger code generation with gopls?
- Baraka, a library for handling file uploads memory-friendly
- Detached context
- Mathematical models in golang
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Image credit: Katerina Kerdi
A personal blog on all things of interest. Written by Dennis O'Keeffe, Follow me on Twitter