Rusticles 5 - Wed Aug 19 2020
August 19, 2020
Rusticles, a weekly curation for all things Rust in one centralised place. Here is your curation for Wed Aug 19 2020.
Hot Rust Articles This Week On Reddit
- Cranelift can now compile rustc- giving nearly 7x faster compilations than LLVM! (2 days ago)
- Laying the foundation for Rust’s future (16 hours ago)
- Kosmonaut: Web browser from scratch in Rust (3 days ago)
- Veloren, an open-source multiplayer voxel RPG written in Rust, just had its 0.7 release with a tonne of new features! (2 days ago)
- Frustrated? It’s not you, it’s Rust. (4 days ago)
- Rd: A port of mozilla/rr to the Rust programming language (6 days ago)
Rust Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Ryan Westlund: #healthydebateRust Review
- Aral Roca: First steps with WebAssembly in Rust
- Ryan Westlund: Why I don’t believe in pure functional programming anymore
- Michael Tharrington (he/him): #newsRust Announces Plans to Form a Foundation
- Jolocom Dev Team: Engineering safer and more secure solutions for digital identity and access management with Rust
- Anthony Dodd: Announcing async-raft v0.5.0: Rebased onto Tokio & Renamed to
- nao: Day 0: 100 days of algorithms
- nao: Day 1–7 of 100 Days of Algorithms in Rust
- Ryan Faulhaber: #showdevWriting an Emacs module in Rust
- Ajinkya Borade: Connect car dashboard to Raspberry ?
- Richard de Jesus: Aprendendo Rust: 07 - Regiões da memória usadas pela Rust
- Pablo Álvarez Corredera: ▷ Bevy: Un motor de videojuegos construido en Rust
Trending Rust Repositories This Week On Github
- servo/servo (Rust): The Servo Browser Engine
- meilisearch/MeiliSearch (Rust): Lightning Fast, Ultra Relevant, and Typo-Tolerant Search Engine
- yewstack/yew (Rust): Rust / Wasm framework for building client web apps
- hecrj/iced (Rust): A cross-platform GUI library for Rust, inspired by Elm
- tikv/tikv (Rust): Distributed transactional key-value database, originally created to complement TiDB
- redox-os/orbtk (Rust): The Rust UI-Toolkit.
- clap-rs/clap (Rust): A full featured, fast Command Line Argument Parser for Rust
- solana-labs/solana (Rust): Web-Scale Blockchain for fast, secure, scalable, decentralized apps and marketplaces.
- 996icu/996.ICU (Rust): Repo for counting stars and contributing. Press F to pay respect to glorious developers.
- bevyengine/bevy (Rust): A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust
- bytecodealliance/wasmtime (Rust): Standalone JIT-style runtime for WebAssembly, using Cranelift
- rust-analyzer/rust-analyzer (Rust): An experimental Rust compiler front-end for IDEs
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- rust-windowing/winit (Rust): Window handling library in pure Rust
- shadowsocks/shadowsocks-rust (Rust): A Rust port of shadowsocks
- gfx-rs/wgpu (Rust): Native WebGPU implementation based on gfx-hal
- serenity-rs/serenity (Rust): A Rust library for the Discord API.
- getzola/zola (Rust): A fast static site generator in a single binary with everything built-in. https://www.getzola.org
- gfx-rs/wgpu-rs (Rust): Rust bindings to wgpu native library
- linebender/druid (Rust): A data-first Rust-native UI design toolkit.
- rustwasm/wasm-pack (Rust): 📦✨ your favorite rust -> wasm workflow tool!
- Byron/gitoxide (Rust): An idiomatic, modern, lean, fast, safe & pure rust implementation of git
- amethyst/amethyst (Rust): Data-oriented and data-driven game engine written in Rust
- timberio/vector (Rust): A lightweight and ultra-fast router for building observability pipelines
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
A personal blog on all things of interest. Written by Dennis O'Keeffe, Follow me on Twitter