Weekly Developer Roundup
August 23, 2020
Here is your update from across the web for the week of 2020-08-23.
Trending This Week On Github
- labuladong/fucking-algorithm : 刷算法全靠套路，认准 labuladong 就够了！English version supported! Crack LeetCode, not only how, but also why.
- halfrost/LeetCode-Go (Go): ✅ Solutions to LeetCode by Go, 100% test coverage, runtime beats 100% / LeetCode 题解
- microsoft/computervision-recipes (Jupyter Notebook): Best Practices, code samples, and documentation for Computer Vision.
- sherlock-project/sherlock (Python): 🔎 Hunt down social media accounts by username across social networks
- yuanguangxin/LeetCode (Java): LeetCode刷题记录
- macrozheng/mall-swarm (Java): mall-swarm是一套微服务商城系统，采用了 Spring Cloud Hoxton & Alibaba、Spring Boot 2.3、Oauth2、MyBatis、Docker、Elasticsearch等核心技术，同时提供了基于Vue的管理后台方便快速搭建系统。mall-swarm在电商业务的基础集成了注册中心、配置中心、监控中心、网关等系统功能。文档齐全，附带全套Spring Cloud教程。
- google/googletest (C++): Googletest - Google Testing and Mocking Framework
- fastai/fastbook (Jupyter Notebook): Draft of the fastai book
- baidu/amis (TypeScript): 前端低代码框架，通过 JSON 配置就能生成各种后台页面。
- Sycnex/Windows10Debloater (PowerShell): Script to remove Windows 10 bloatware.
- skydoves/Pokedex (Kotlin): 🗡️ Android Pokedex using Dagger Hilt, Motion, Coroutines, Flow, Jetpack (Room, ViewModel, LiveData) based on MVVM architecture.
- bevyengine/bevy (Rust): A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust
- MisterBooo/LeetCodeAnimation (Java): Demonstrate all the questions on LeetCode in the form of animation.（用动画的形式呈现解LeetCode题目的思路）
- ocornut/imgui (C++): Dear ImGui: Bloat-free Graphical User interface for C++ with minimal dependencies
- google/mediapipe (C++): MediaPipe is the simplest way for researchers and developers to build world-class ML solutions and applications for mobile, edge, cloud and the web.
- kdn251/interviews (Java): Everything you need to know to get the job.
- servo/servo (Rust): The Servo Browser Engine
- lensapp/lens (TypeScript): Lens - The Kubernetes IDE
- google/go-github (Go): Go library for accessing the GitHub API
- papercups-io/papercups (Elixir): Open-source live customer chat
- JohnCoates/Aerial (Swift): Apple TV Aerial Screensaver for Mac
- alibaba/canal (Java): 阿里巴巴 MySQL binlog 增量订阅&消费组件
- tailwindlabs/tailwindcss (CSS): A utility-first CSS framework for rapid UI development.
- mingrammer/diagrams (Python): 🎨 Diagram as Code for prototyping cloud system architectures
Trending This Week On Dev.To
- Raul Melo: I failed an interview because of an algorithm
- Niharika Singh ⛓: 6 Awesome Ways To Present Your Code 🔥
- Afonso Pacifer: How you can stay motivated to work on personal projects
- Andres Cespedes Morales: Make Your GitHub Profile Great Again!
- Nader Dabit: Full Stack Serverless - Building a Real-time Chat App with GraphQL, CDK, AppSync, and React
- Catalin Pit: Websites That Pay You To Write Technical Articles
- Kai Oswald: #jokes5 tools no developer needs
- Sm0ke: Free UI Kits - A curated list
- Charlie Gerard: Creating a Github action to detect toxic comments using TensorFlow.js
- Yogesh Chavan: Most Useful VS Code Extensions To Improve Your Productivity
- Denis Veleaev: The complete learning path for Front-End developer (Online courses)
- Ilona Dee Codes: Why Developers Should Invest in Stocks
- Spencer Pauly: Why I switched away from Google Firestore
- Charalambos Ioannou: Awesome typing effect overlay on images (CSS+JS)
- Catalin Pit: Impostor Syndrome - A Developer’s Best Friend
- Nirbhay Vashisht: #watercoolerWaking up early in the morning: How and Why?
- Brittney Postma: Build a VSCode Theme
- Christina Gorton: To All the Companies I’ve Interviewed with Before
- Olivier Guimbal: How to never touch your mouse again 🐭
- Axel Navarro: A new npm is coming
- Mahmoud Ashraf: My terminal became more Rusty 🦀
- Ayro UI: 20+ Free Startup and SaaS Business Landing Pages
- Kostja: Tired of Deployments, built my own Heroku
- Michał Lytek: Announcing TypeGraphQL 1.0 🚀
- Arnau Gómez: How NOT to follow your passion 😬
- Tom Holloway 🏕: Top 10 git commands everyone should know
- Jess Lee (she/her): Welcoming Emma Lu to the DEV Team!
- Michael Burrows: Build a React component that pulls data from Google Sheets
- KodeKloud: DevOps: Git for Beginners
- Course Probe: Top 20 Answers to React Interview Questions that Might Save your Life
- Zaiste: My Favorite Privacy Tools in 2020: Be Safer on the Internet!
- Yogesh Chavan: How to generate mock data within seconds using Node.js to use in any application
- Silvia Bogdan: Accessibility for the web - introduction to ARIA
Trending This Week On Hacker News
- Degoogle: Cutting Google out of your life: https://degoogle.jmoore.dev/
- The cost of 1GB of mobile data in 228 countries (Feb 2020): https://www.cable.co.uk/mobiles/worldwide-data-pricing/
- Rosatom releases previously classified documentary video of Tsar Bomba nuke test: https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/security/2020/08/rosatom-releases-previously-classified-documentary-video-50-mt-novaya-zemlya-test
- The $8M Heist from the Carnegie Library: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/theft-carnegie-library-books-maps-artworks-180975506/
- MGA Entertainment: The privately-owned toy company doing billions in revenue: https://julieyoung.substack.com/p/insane-companies-no-one-talks-about
- Fallen Boulder Reveals 313M-Year-Old Fossil Footprints at Grand Canyon: https://www.npr.org/2020/08/21/904943006/fallen-boulder-reveals-313-million-year-old-fossil-footprints-at-grand-canyon
- Build tools around workflows, not workflows around tools: https://thesephist.com/posts/tools/
- Python Hash Tables: understanding dictionaries: http://thepythoncorner.com/dev/hash-tables-understanding-dictionaries/
- Debian Janitor: 60k Lintian Issues Automatically Fixed: https://www.jelmer.uk/janitor-update-3.html
- Apple apologizes to WordPress, won’t force the free app to add purchases: https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/22/21397424/apple-wordpress-apology-iap-free-ios-app
- Partying like it’s 1999 – Initial public offerings are back in Silicon Valley: https://www.economist.com/business/2020/08/22/initial-public-offerings-are-back-in-silicon-valley
- Future of DeepSpeech / STT after recent changes at Mozilla: https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/future-of-deepspeech-stt-after-recent-changes-at-mozilla/66191
- Uber and Lyft competitors ready if service is suspended in California: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/19/uber-and-lyft-competitors-prepare-to-grab-market-share-in-california.html
- Two Way Mirror Improves Video Conferencing: https://hackaday.com/2020/05/29/two-way-mirror-improves-video-conferencing/
- Reverse-engineering the 8086’s Arithmetic/Logic Unit from die photos: http://www.righto.com/2020/08/reverse-engineering-8086s.html
- RPCS3 Inside Look: A Deep-Dive into Hardware and Performance Scaling: https://rpcs3.net/blog/2020/08/21/hardware-performance-scaling/
- Mystery of interstellar visitor ‘Oumuamua gets trickier: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/mystery-of-interstellar-visitor-oumuamua-gets-trickier/
- Today is Earth Overshoot Day – (08/22): https://www.overshootday.org/newsroom/past-earth-overshoot-days/
- Searx instances: https://searx.space/
- Atmospheric Water Harvesting: https://www.chemistryworld.com/features/atmospheric-water-harvesting/4011929.article#/
- Pilo: Raspberry Pi-Powered Lights-Out Remote Server Management: https://zach.bloomqu.ist/blog/2020/08/pilo-raspberry-pi-lights-out-management.html
- College Notebook of Isaac Newton: http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/view/MS-ADD-04000/
- Stef’s Free Online Smalltalk Books: http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks.html
- Rogue planets could outnumber the stars: https://phys.org/news/2020-08-rogue-planets-outnumber-stars.html
- VTM: A Text-Based Desktop Environment: https://vtm.netxs.online/
- Pod Cars of the Past and Future: The Morgantown PRT (2016) [video]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaSaWfw07Sw
- Founder Grants: Fund a startup without giving up equity: https://www.foundergrants.com/
- How two British orthodontists became celebrities to incels: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/20/magazine/teeth-mewing-incels.html
- Show HN: Tiny CLI to save AWS costs in dev environments when you’re sleeping: https://www.npmjs.com/package/aws-cost-saver
- GPT-3 has no idea what it’s talking about: https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/08/22/1007539/gpt3-openai-language-generator-artificial-intelligence-ai-opinion/
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Image credit: @bambicorro
A personal blog on all things of interest. Written by Dennis O'Keeffe, Follow me on Twitter