Gopher Gold 10 - Wed Sep 09 2020
September 09, 2020
Go Weekly, a weekly curation for all things Go in one centralised place. Here is your curation for Wed Sep 09 2020.
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
- PayPal Taps Go to Modernize and Scale: In our tightly managed environments where we run Go code, we have seen a CPU reduction of approximately ten percent with cleaner and maintainable code. (5 days ago)
- I wrote a piece about (lightweight) design patterns in Go, hope anyone finds it useful (4 days ago)
- I needed an in-browser Go compiler a while back, but couldn’t find one, so I made one. Hopefully someone finds it useful. It’s based on github.com/ccbrown/wasm-go-playground and currently Work-In-Progess but functional. (3 days ago)
Go Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Ido Shamun: 🔥 What’s Hot in Web Development? — Weekly Picks #143
- TECH SCHOOL: How to avoid deadlock in DB transaction? Queries order matter!
- Charles Clinton Pustejovsky III: Learn Go with tests - Book Review
- Jacques Amsel: #showdevFast, thread-safe ID generation in Golang
- Sergey Podgornyy: Go migrator for MySQL databases
- Ega Prasetya: Golang Web - Form Value
- Reishi Mitani: Preparing cfssl and Docker in EC2 Instance
- Ega Prasetya: Golang Web - HTTP Method: GET & POST
- Utsav Prajapati: Top Golang Frameworks, IDEs & Tools
- Ega Prasetya: Golang Web - Render Partial HTML Template
- Ega Prasetya: Golang Web - Form Upload File
- Mirabeau2Code: Convert var string struct key to struct key
- Ega Prasetya: Golang Web - HTTP Cookie
- Hasura: Turn your Go REST API to GraphQL using Hasura Actions
- Ega Prasetya: Golang Web - Routing Handle Func
- Kali-LinuxTr: jaeles – Web Application Scanner Framework
- Srebalaji Thirumalai: Introducing Go tutorial series
- Nick Kobishev: #showdevMoving From NodeJs To Go – Doing More, Faster For Less
- sonu sharma: Curated Awesomeness
- Ryan, Siu Long Wa: Dev Blog - Celery Operator - Part 1 - Initial Design
- Utsav Prajapati: Agile Golang Development Company
- Eze Olea Figueroa: #showdevTBlogs - Read blogs in your terminal
- Mike Levan: Programming Courses on YouTube
- Jędrzej Szczepaniak: DynamoDB with Go #4 - Indexes
- Harold Schreckengost: Getting Started with goreleaser
- pthulasiram: New way of learning
- Alex Mammay: Firebase Emulator Suite: Running golang/python/java firestore event triggers locally with the emulator
- Alestor Aldous: Should I Go For Node or Golang
- FabianBG: The DDD microservice with GO
Trending Go Repositories This Week On Github
- go-gorm/gorm (Go): The fantastic ORM library for Golang, aims to be developer friendly
- tal-tech/go-zero (Go): go-zero is a web and rpc framework written in Go. It’s born to ensure the stability of the busy sites with resilient design. Builtin goctl greatly improves the development productivity.
- ethereum/go-ethereum (Go): Official Go implementation of the Ethereum protocol
- knownsec/ksubdomain (Go): 无状态子域名爆破工具
- ffuf/ffuf (Go): Fast web fuzzer written in Go
- projectdiscovery/nuclei (Go): Nuclei is a fast tool for configurable targeted scanning based on templates offering massive extensibility and ease of use.
- greyireland/algorithm-pattern (Go): 算法模板，最科学的刷题方式，最快速的刷题路径，你值得拥有~
- geektutu/7days-golang (Go): 7 days golang apps from scratch (web framework Gee, distributed cache GeeCache, object relational mapping ORM framework GeeORM etc) 7 天用 Go 动手写/从零实现系列
- lian/msfs2020-go (Go): connect to microsoft flight simulator 2020 using golang
- jesseduffield/lazygit (Go): simple terminal UI for git commands
- argoproj/argo-cd (Go): Declarative continuous deployment for Kubernetes.
- open-telemetry/opentelemetry-collector (Go): OpenTelemetry Collector
- avelino/awesome-go (Go): A curated list of awesome Go frameworks, libraries and software
- golang/go (Go): The Go programming language
- bettercap/bettercap (Go): The Swiss Army knife for 802.11, BLE and Ethernet networks reconnaissance and MITM attacks.
- go-playground/validator (Go): 💯Go Struct and Field validation, including Cross Field, Cross Struct, Map, Slice and Array diving
- terraform-providers/terraform-provider-aws (Go): Terraform AWS provider
- infracost/infracost (Go): Cloud cost estimates for Terraform in your CLI and pull requests 💰📉
- prometheus/prometheus (Go): The Prometheus monitoring system and time series database.
- istio/community (Go): Istio governance material.
- quii/learn-go-with-tests (Go): Learn Go with test-driven development
- overnote/over-golang (Go): Golang 相关：[进度 80%]Go 语法、Go 并发思想、Go 与 web 开发、Go 微服务设施等
- weaveworks/eksctl (Go): The official CLI for Amazon EKS
- go-gitea/gitea (Go): Git with a cup of tea, painless self-hosted git service
- go-sql-driver/mysql (Go): Go MySQL Driver is a MySQL driver for Go’s (golang) database/sql package
Topics from the Weekly Go Forum
- How to display date without time
- Input file using command line?
- [unit tests] do you use mock objects with plausible values VS mocks with random fields?
- Function type returning interface does not match function returning concrete at compile time
- Var a int <- does not allocate memory until first usage?
- File cleaning support
- Memory allocation while append()
- Default String() function - question
- Need recommendations on GUI frameworks
- Emitter Key Generation of channel
- Why the result is true?
- EOF when read binary file
- [unit test] Do you use reflect.DeepEqual(expected, actual) or just compare their string values ?)
- Go Module - Semantic Issue
- Beginner web app
- Convert a string for access to a json key
- Cross-compiling with GTK
- Function names can be same as built in?
- Sdl_ttf not found
- colorModel help
- Unable to represent a file data type
- How to ignore the golang variable scope and handle variables defined in a for or if outside of a for or if
- Help on Emitter for Generating Channel Key
- Shared library in golang
- Unknown escape at negated match in reqex
- NEED your guidance, Help me!
- Empty() VS IsEmpty()
- Pfx to base64 encoding
- Go Developer (100% Remote)
- When to use modules vs packages?
- Ejemplo de aplicacion web que contenga: menu, altas, bajas?
- Go local package development
- Go - yaml help. Parse value for internships is empty
- Go socket io show this error failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 403
- Temporary ip creation and deletion
- Terminal-based cribbage client and multiplayer server (play over SSH)
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Image credit: Katerina Kerdi
A personal blog on all things of interest. Written by Dennis O'Keeffe, Follow me on Twitter