Rusticles 11 - Wed Sep 16 2020
September 16, 2020
Rusticles, a weekly curation for all things Rust in one centralised place. Here is your curation for Wed Sep 16 2020.
Hot Rust Articles This Week On Reddit
- Clone git faster than git itself with Gitoxide 0.4 (3 days ago)
- What I Learnt from Benchmarking Http4k, Ktor (Kotlin) and Actix v2, v3 (Rust) Microservices (2 days ago)
- Blog Post: Rust in 2021 (3 days ago)
- Announcing Actix-Web v3.0 (4 days ago)
- Your Language Sucks, It Doesn’t Matter (1 day ago)
Rust Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Corey O’Donnell: Managing Node.js with Volta
- Amber 🏳️🌈: This Week in Rust is really cool
- Swastik Baranwal: Uses and difference b/w switch and match
- Maxwell DeMers: How to Concatenate Strings in Rust
- Iurii Gurzhii: “Rust isn’t afraid to be imperfect as long as we ship something useful”
- Amber 🏳️🌈: Solving Rustc ‘cannot find -lxcb-shape’
- Luke Feeney: Size Matters
- Szymon Gibała: #showdevBookmark - command-line tool to quickly access obnoxious URLs
- David MacEachern: Learning Rust: Collecting Data from an API
- T.J. Telan: #showdevLet’s build a single binary gRPC server-client with Rust in 2020 - Part 4
- Dan: #showdevAssemblyLift v0.2 preview: RPC-based IO modules
Trending Rust Repositories This Week On Github
- solana-labs/solana (Rust): Web-Scale Blockchain for fast, secure, scalable, decentralized apps and marketplaces.
- libra/libra (Rust): Libra’s mission is to enable a simple global payment system and financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people.
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- 996icu/996.ICU (Rust): Repo for counting stars and contributing. Press F to pay respect to glorious developers.
- DataDog/scipio (Rust): Scipio is a thread-per-core framework that aims to make the task of writing highly parallel asynchronous application in a thread-per-core architecture easier for rustaceans
- RustScan/RustScan (Rust): 🤖 The Modern Day Port Scanner 🤖
- launchbadge/sqlx (Rust): 🧰 The Rust SQL Toolkit. An async, pure Rust SQL crate featuring compile-time checked queries without a DSL. Supports PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQLite.
- rune-rs/rune (Rust): An embeddable dynamic programming language for Rust.
- rust-embedded/rust-raspberrypi-OS-tutorials (Rust): 📚 Learn to write an embedded OS in Rust 🦀
- SergioBenitez/Rocket (Rust): A web framework for Rust.
- actix/examples (Rust): Examples of Actix ecosystem usage.
- fdehau/tui-rs (Rust): Build terminal user interfaces and dashboards using Rust
- Spotifyd/spotifyd (Rust): A spotify daemon
- graphql-rust/juniper (Rust): GraphQL server library for Rust
- actix/actix-web (Rust): Actix web is a powerful, pragmatic, and extremely fast web framework for Rust.
- alacritty/alacritty (Rust): A cross-platform, GPU-accelerated terminal emulator
- dani-garcia/bitwarden_rs (Rust): Unofficial Bitwarden compatible server written in Rust
- ruffle-rs/ruffle (Rust): A Flash Player emulator written in Rust
- wasmerio/wasmer (Rust): 🚀 The leading WebAssembly Runtime supporting WASI and Emscripten
- crossbeam-rs/crossbeam (Rust): Tools for concurrent programming in Rust
- gleam-lang/gleam (Rust): ⭐️ A statically typed language for the Erlang VM
- tauri-apps/tauri (Rust): Build smaller, faster, and more secure desktop applications with a web frontend.
- rust-lang-ja/ac-library-rs (Rust): ac-library-rs is a rust port of AtCoder Library (ACL).
- chyyuu/os_kernel_lab (Rust): OS kernel labs based on Rust Lang & RISC-V 64
- LemmyNet/lemmy (Rust): 🐀 Building a federated alternative to reddit in rust
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
A personal blog on all things of interest. Written by Dennis O'Keeffe, Follow me on Twitter