October 07, 2020
Gopher Gold weekly curation for Wed Oct 07 2020.
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
- Increasing http.Server boilerplate (4 days ago)
- Go, WebAssembly, HTTP requests and Promises - A guide to interacting with JS from Go/Wasm (3 days ago)
- bit: an experimental git CLI with a powerful interactive prompt and happy defaults (1 day ago)
- So, we made MTProto full native implementation on pure go. This is protocol used by Telegram messenger (1 day ago)
Go Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Shubham Zanwar: Factory Pattern 🏭
- Mritunjay Sharma: Introduction to Thanos!
- Fenny: Getting started with Fiber
- Shubham Zanwar: Decorator Pattern 🎁
- Shubham Zanwar: Adapter Pattern 🔌
- &y H. Golang (he/him): A first look at Crystal as a Gopher
- Shubham Zanwar: Bridge Pattern 🌉
- Shubham Zanwar: Builder Pattern 👷🏽♂️
- Gerasimos (Makis) Maropoulos: What’s the fastest template parser in Go?
- Jeroen de Kok: Multi-room Chat Application With WebSockets In Go And Vue.js (Part 2)
- Shubham Zanwar: Abstract Factory Pattern 🏭
- Shiraaz Moollatjie: A journey with good old base64
- Umesh Yadav: How to implement concurrency in Go
- Alex Mammay: VS Code setup for golang in 2020
- Jacob Goodwin: 02 - Creating Route Handlers In Gin
- Angad Sharma: Self Hosting to the Xtreme | Server on Mobile?!
- Artem: #todayilearnedExecutable Size: Rust, Go, C, and C++
- Yurii Zinets: Go private packages
- Elijah: My Hacktoberfest 2020 experience day 1
- Yurii Zinets: #showdevGoogletransX update!
- gilfoyle97: Scilla, information-gathering tool!
- Aditya Yanuar: Mattermost Chatbot using Golang
- Mike Levan: Azure SDK with Go
- Jędrzej Szczepaniak: DynamoDB with Go #6 - Legacy IDs mapping with transactions
- Course Probe: The Secret to Managing Multiple GO Environments is called GVM
- Mike Levan: Terraform SDK 2.0
- Ryo Nakao: Announcing PipeCD
- Viacheslav Poturaev: Reducing indented JSON height in Go
- Ravindra kumar: Book my tab customer care number 7602472247//7544075738//
Trending Go Repositories This Week On Github
- muesli/duf (Go): Disk Usage/Free Utility
- blushft/go-diagrams (Go): Create beautiful system diagrams with Go
- mattermost/mattermost-server (Go): Open source Slack-alternative in Golang and React - Mattermost
- hashicorp/nomad (Go): Nomad is an easy-to-use, flexible, and performant workload orchestrator that can deploy a mix of microservice, batch, containerized, and non-containerized applications. Nomad is easy to operate and scale and has native Consul and Vault integrations.
- nakabonne/ali (Go): Generate HTTP load and plot the results in real-time
- dstotijn/hetty (Go): Hetty is an HTTP toolkit for security research. It aims to become an open source alternative to commercial software like Burp Suite Pro, with powerful features tailored to the needs of the infosec and bug bounty community.
- p4gefau1t/trojan-go (Go): Go实现的Trojan代理，支持多路复用/路由功能/CDN中转/Shadowsocks混淆插件，多平台，无依赖。A Trojan proxy written in Go. An unidentifiable mechanism that helps you bypass GFW. https://p4gefau1t.github.io/trojan-go/
- kubernetes-sigs/kubebuilder (Go): Kubebuilder - SDK for building Kubernetes APIs using CRDs
- cortexproject/cortex (Go): A horizontally scalable, highly available, multi-tenant, long term Prometheus.
- denverquane/amongusdiscord (Go): Discord Bot to automute Among Us players at round transitions, in conjunction with https://github.com/denverquane/amonguscapture
- ory/kratos (Go): Never build user login, user registration, 2fa, profile management ever again! Works on any operating system, cloud, with any programming language, user interface, and user experience! Written in Go.
- hashicorp/terraform (Go): Terraform enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve infrastructure. It is an open source tool that codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared amongst team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned.
- slack-go/slack (Go): Slack API in Go - community-maintained fork created by the original author, @nlopes
- jackc/pgx (Go): PostgreSQL driver and toolkit for Go
- fluxcd/helm-operator (Go): The Flux Helm Operator, for declarative Helming
- GoogleCloudPlatform/spark-on-k8s-operator (Go): Kubernetes operator for managing the lifecycle of Apache Spark applications on Kubernetes.
- concourse/concourse (Go): Concourse is a container-based continuous thing-doer written in Go and Elm.
- fission/fission (Go): Fast and Simple Serverless Functions for Kubernetes
- liamg/gitjacker (Go): 🔪 Leak git repositories from misconfigured websites
- treeverse/lakeFS (Go): An open source platform that delivers resilience and manageability to object-storage based data lakes
- vmware-tanzu/velero (Go): Backup and migrate Kubernetes applications and their persistent volumes
- kubernetes/enhancements (Go): Enhancements tracking repo for Kubernetes
- gohugoio/hugo (Go): The world’s fastest framework for building websites.
- rakyll/hey (Go): HTTP load generator, ApacheBench (ab) replacement, formerly known as rakyll/boom
Topics from the Weekly Go Forum
- What is stack copying (vs segmented stack - older mechanism in go)?
- Nice to meet you Gophers, we made you a thing 💕
- Tdewolff/minify: a new JS minifier that is very fast and has high compression ratios (also HTML, CSS, SVG, XML, JSON)
- Do you have a benchmark pipeline step?
- Whiteboard training - how to remember the lessons learned?
- How to create Access Level list in Golang
- Type Assertion Question
- Generating thumbnails for webp file format
- Is there any Golang’s official document for go runtime scheduler?
- Duplicati and pushgateway
- How can I connect to Sqlite at Github
- Go Unit Testing: how to specify path to tests or package under test
- Open source terminal (in go)
- Go segfault on 32bit Linux non PEA
- I’m studying alignment…https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_structure_alignment
- Finding length of arrays of structs
- Java Style Dynamic Proxies in Go?
- How to enable compression (gzip)?
- REL v0.8.0 Released - Schema Migration Preview
- A programming beginner tried to make a scraping search engine
- How to go get github library or package
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Image credit: Katerina Kerdi
A personal blog on all things of interest. Written by Dennis O'Keeffe, Follow me on Twitter