Gopher Gold 17 - Wed Oct 28 2020
October 28, 2020
Gopher Gold weekly curation for Wed Oct 28 2020.
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
- A Go unikernel running on x86 bare metal (6 days ago)
- When Too Much Concurrency Slows You Down (Golang) (6 days ago)
- distribyted/distribyted: Torrent client with on-demand file downloading as a filesystem in Go (2 days ago)
Go Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Vladimir Sapronov: Programming Language Dictatorship
- TECH SCHOOL: Implement RESTful HTTP API in Go using Gin
- Adnan Babakan (he/him): Sorting Algorithms in Go
- Jeroen de Kok: How to use Redis Pub/Sub in Go Chat Application (Part 3)
- Uddeshya Singh: Go-Arch | Module Scripting Bootstrap in Go Lang
- Robus Gauli: Types of programmers using Fibonacci series
- Cyber: Memory efficient parsing in GO
- Liptan Biswas: Creating Feedback Form on Vercel using Vue and Golang
- Mukul Mishra: Why GoLang wasn’t accepted by communities ?
- Toby Chui: Quick Notes for Go os/exec
- Evrone: Rob Pike interview: “Go has indeed become the language of cloud infrastructure“
- Mike: Ways to distribute a binary
- Evrone: Creating a custom CRM to launch KFC into the future of customer-defined service
- Jędrzej Szczepaniak: DynamoDB with Go #8 - Implement hierarchical data with Single Table Design
- Renato Suero: Lidando com concorrências no banco de dados 🇧🇷
- Ruli Sastra: Microservices
- Zach Peters: Testing in Go with table drive tests and Testify
- shelby spees (she/her): Interview with Honeycomb Engineer Chris Toshok: Dogfooding OpenTelemetry
- Stephen Solka: Embrace the Pipe
- Real Build Pro: What is the best construction software for my business?
- Potpot: Build your Go App using Gulpjs
- Pierangelo: nodejs vs golang server web
- Liam Conroy Hampton: Get GitHub’s service status using Golang on IBM Cloud
- Takahiro Kudo: go - Prevent Slack Event API retry call
- Dalibor Mesarić: Run Go application in Azure Container Instance
- Mike Levan: A small console application written in Go to check the Azure status
- HostnExtra: How to Install Golang on CentOS 8
- Wagner Abrantes: Se conectando ao PostgreSQL usando Golang
- Mike Levan: So happy that I get to help others…
- Thomas Joly: Bot 2048 - Create an artificial player for 2048
Trending Go Repositories This Week On Github
- crowdsecurity/crowdsec (Go): Crowdsec - An open-source, lightweight agent to detect and respond to bad behaviours. It also automatically benefits from our global community-wide IP reputation database.
- gofiber/fiber (Go): ⚡️ Express inspired web framework written in Go
- gin-gonic/gin (Go): Gin is a HTTP web framework written in Go (Golang). It features a Martini-like API with much better performance — up to 40 times faster. If you need smashing performance, get yourself some Gin.
- go-kratos/kratos (Go): Kratos 是 bilibili 开源的一套 Go 微服务框架，包含大量微服务相关框架及工具。
- icexin/eggos (Go): A Go unikernel running on x86 bare metal
- liamg/gitjacker (Go): 🔪 Leak git repositories from misconfigured websites
- kubernetes-sigs/aws-load-balancer-controller (Go): A Kubernetes controller for Elastic Load Balancers
- pingcap/tidb (Go): TiDB is an open source distributed HTAP database compatible with the MySQL protocol
- sundowndev/PhoneInfoga (Go): Advanced information gathering & OSINT framework for phone numbers
- arl/statsviz (Go): 🚀 Instant live visualization of your Go application runtime statistics (GC, MemStats, etc.) in the browser
- senghoo/golang-design-pattern (Go): 设计模式 Golang 实现－《研磨设计模式》读书笔记
- kubernetes/kubernetes (Go): Production-Grade Container Scheduling and Management
- gorilla/websocket (Go): A fast, well-tested and widely used WebSocket implementation for Go.
- getlantern/lantern (Go): Lantern 官方版本下载 蓝灯 翻墙 代理 科学上网 外网 加速器 梯子 路由 lantern proxy vpn censorship-circumvention censorship gfw accelerator
- golang/protobuf (Go): Go support for Google’s protocol buffers
- traefik/traefik (Go): The Cloud Native Application Proxy
- tidwall/gjson (Go): Get JSON values quickly - JSON parser for Go
- prometheus/prometheus (Go): The Prometheus monitoring system and time series database.
- istio/istio (Go): Connect, secure, control, and observe services.
- yeasy/docker_practice (Go): Learn and understand Docker technologies, with real DevOps practice!
- fatedier/frp (Go): A fast reverse proxy to help you expose a local server behind a NAT or firewall to the internet.
- photoprism/photoprism (Go): Personal Photo Management powered by Go and Google TensorFlow
- robfig/cron (Go): a cron library for go
- gofiber/recipes (Go): 📁 Examples for 🚀 Fiber
- grafana/loki (Go): Like Prometheus, but for logs.
Topics from the Weekly Go Forum
- What are advantages of using a Go Framework?
- Effect of concurrency over HTTP client
- If statements in template
- Building on Linux works but not on windows
- Is Gorilla/session fast in performance?
- How to release go binary to github personal repo
- Need help to solve a problem
- Suggest Go code generation tool from JSON data with values
- Is there a reliable implementation for aes-gcm-siv?
- How to re-implement parts of package os?
- Gorilla Mux not working on RaspberryPi with Go 1.15.x
- Database/sql not returning results as expected
- RegEx behaves differently with English vs Greek
- Go, my new ‘Perl’ for backend web dev
- Golang program i need help
- Cannot find many packages - windows 10
- Can’t make nested if or for loops in template
- How to get the name of keys out of the map?
- Better way to Parse multiple files ParseFiles
- How to organize project sturcture
- How long does it take you to build a Todo or Twitter clone app?
- Sending Office 365 email
- How to write the two dimensional map to the file?
- Issues with exec.run
- How to execute toast actions using buttons in go
- Unicode “Is” functions - which most likely best to use?
- Naming guide for types that are wrappers over the standard types
- TCP does not send / receive some data
- Mixed heat graph/gradient colors in code coverage report for covermode =set
- Web Scraping Code error
- Golang AppGen: Application generator for Golang(http://golangapps.com)
- How to properly structure my ECS so it is not as cluttered
- The coverage report is showing different heatmaps for covermode set
- Go Module Mirror
- Golang developer
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Image credit: Katerina Kerdi
A personal blog on all things of interest. Written by Dennis O'Keeffe, Follow me on Twitter