Weekly Developer Roundup
November 15, 2020
Developer roundup from across the web for the week of 2020-11-15.
Trending This Week On Github
- facebookresearch/pifuhd (Python): High-Resolution 3D Human Digitization from A Single Image.
- chatwoot/chatwoot (Ruby): Open-source live chat software, an alternative to Intercom, Zendesk, Drift, Crisp etc. 🔥💬
- geekxh/hello-algorithm (Java): 🌍 东半球最酷的学习项目 | 1、我写的三十万字算法图解 2、千本开源电子书 3、100 张思维导图 4、100 篇大厂面经 5、30 个学习专题 🚀 🚀 🚀 右上角点个 star，加入我们万人学习群！English Supported！
- JetBrains/compose-jb (Kotlin): Jetpack Compose for Desktop, a modern UI framework for Kotlin that makes building performant and beautiful user interfaces easy and enjoyable.
- Rudrabha/Wav2Lip (Python): This repository contains the codes of “A Lip Sync Expert Is All You Need for Speech to Lip Generation In the Wild”, published at ACM Multimedia 2020.
- corpnewt/gibMacOS (Python): Py2/py3 script that can download macOS components direct from Apple
- Atcold/pytorch-Deep-Learning (Jupyter Notebook): Deep Learning (with PyTorch)
- tomnomnom/gron (Go): Make JSON greppable!
- tdlib/telegram-bot-api (C++): undefined
- geohot/tinygrad (Python): You like pytorch? You like micrograd? You love tinygrad! ❤️
- donnemartin/system-design-primer (Python): Learn how to design large-scale systems. Prep for the system design interview. Includes Anki flashcards.
- tychxn/jd-assistant (Python): 京东抢购助手：包含登录，查询商品库存/价格，添加/清空购物车，抢购商品(下单)，查询订单等功能
- bevyengine/bevy (Rust): A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust
- gao-sun/eul (Swift): 🖥️ macOS status monitoring app written in SwiftUI.
- apache/incubator-brpc (C++): Industrial-grade RPC framework used throughout Baidu, with 1,000,000+ instances and thousands kinds of services. “brpc” means “better RPC”.
- MrXujiang/h5-Dooring (TypeScript): (H5编辑器)H5-Dooring是一款功能强大，开源免费的H5可视化页面配置解决方案，致力于提供一套简单方便、专业可靠、无限可能的H5落地页最佳实践。技术栈以react为主， 后台采用nodejs开发.
- vlang/v (V): Simple, fast, safe, compiled language for developing maintainable software. Compiles itself in <1s with zero library dependencies. https://vlang.io
- n8n-io/n8n (TypeScript): Free and open fair-code licensed node based Workflow Automation Tool. Easily automate tasks across different services.
- dotnet/core (Shell): Home repository for .NET Core
- jofpin/trape (Python): People tracker on the Internet: OSINT analysis and research tool by Jose Pino
- iaronrp/Efeito-3D (CSS): Efeito 3D - Zelda: criado com as tecnologias, Html, CSS e Java Script
- ish-app/ish (C): Linux shell for iOS
- iv-org/invidious (Crystal): Invidious is an alternative front-end to YouTube
- ethereum/go-ethereum (Go): Official Go implementation of the Ethereum protocol
Trending This Week On Dev.To
- Simon Holdorf: 10 Awesome Github Repos Every Web Developer Should Know
- Anton Gunnarsson: 7 code smells in your React components
- Simon Holdorf: 10 Things Front-End Developers Should Learn in 2021
- Joshua Byrd: How to get a free Google server forever
- Thu Nghiem: Master Flexbox in 12 Minutes with Most Common Use Cases
- ulyavrubel: How I Found a Junior Frontend Developer Job in 2 Weeks After 1 Year of Self-learning
- Dinesh Balaji: Story of how I built my Portfolio and Blog using DEV.to and NextJS
- moeminm: 7 Websites To Find Front End Projects For Your Portfolio
- Jen Looper: Announcing a Free Curriculum: Web Development for Beginners
- Chris Bongers: Why CSS :focus-within is amazing
- Craig Holliday: A TON of VS Code tips for productivity
- Fahad Imran: 5 Things I learned after programming for the last 3 years! 🙄
- Ceora Ford: What I Learned From Bombing My Technical Interview
- Douglas Parsons: Write better code and be a better programmer by NEVER USING ELSE statements
- shawn swyx wang 🇸🇬: The Light and Dark side of the API Economy
- Vivek Chauhan: 7 Git tricks that changed my life
- Tyler Hawkins: How to Convert HTML Tables into Beautiful PDFs
- Alvaro Montoro: 100 Days of CSS Illustrations
- Albiona: Lighting fast search with Elasticsearch
- Jasmin Virdi: Learning Webpack Concepts and Creating your Custom Webpack Plugin.
- arnu515: Exploring strapi.js - Build an instagram clone with strapi and svelte
- Jane Tracy 👩🏽💻: Designers to follow on Dribble or Instagram and Awwards Website for Web UI inspiration
- Rahul: How to code fast and type efficiently 😎
- Dip Vachhani: Design Resources For Developers
- Minh-Phuc Tran: Zsh + Antigen + Oh my Zsh = A Beautiful, Powerful, and Robust Shell
- Michael Seymour: The SOLID principles of Object Oriented Design
- Isabel Nyo: How to Transition From Being a Software Engineer to an Engineering Manager
- Madza: Congrats to DEV on 500K awesome users! 🌱🚀
- Alexandru-Dan Pop: React.js - Top things to know
- David Jones: Things I always install on Ubuntu
- Markus Hatvan: 10 Reasons Why I Recommend Svelte To Every New Web Developer
- Gal Elmalah: 5 CLI Tools That Will Increase Your Velocity and Code Quality
- Juan F Gonzalez: Level up your Git workflow
- Suraj Vishwakarma: 5 Color Inspiration Website You Should Bookmark
- Aharon Hyman: Why I will no longer be using console.log() to check React state updates
Trending This Week On Hacker News
- Bypassing Firewalls in macOS Big Sur: https://twitter.com/patrickwardle/status/1327726496203476992
- Poll: Have you experienced depressive symptoms over the past two weeks?: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=25097685
- Does Apple really log every app you run? A technical look: https://blog.jacopo.io/en/post/apple-ocsp/
- Pimp My Microwave: https://github.com/dekuNukem/pimp_my_microwave/#
- Nearly 28M licensed Texas drivers hit by data breach: https://www.fox26houston.com/news/nearly-28-million-licensed-texas-drivers-hit-by-data-breach?taid=5fafc6ce1ef01a000123a0c2&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter
- An Interactive Introduction to Fourier Transforms: http://www.jezzamon.com/fourier/index.html
- Intel’s disruption is now complete: https://jamesallworth.medium.com/intels-disruption-is-now-complete-d4fa771f0f2c
- Better disposable coffee cups made from Sugar Cane: https://www.economist.com/science-and-technology/2020/11/14/better-disposable-coffee-cups
- Handmade Seattle – virtual low-level programming conference: https://www.handmade-seattle.com/
- The Prestige Trap: finance, big tech, and consulting: https://wesdesilvestro.com/the-prestige-trap
- Ask HN: Are You Depressed?: http://www.strawpoll.me/22152225
- Universal DOOM – a single EXE for DOS 6, and Windows 95 to Windows 10: https://github.com/nneonneo/universal-doom
- What a great technical resume can do for you: https://www.meetleet.com/blog/what-a-great-technical-resume-can-do-for-you
- Plants can grow quickly or accurately, but not both: https://massivesci.com/notes/plant-speed-accuracy-trade-off-growth/
- There is little chance CRISPR will ever be widely used to directly treat disease: http://www.josiahzayner.com/2020/10/crispr-is-dead.html
- 13-Year-Old, Nicholas Sharkey, Creates a RISC-V Core: https://riscv.org/blog/2020/11/13-year-old-nicholas-sharkey-creates-a-risc-v-core/
- The future of microwave cooking is solid-state: https://www.electronicsweekly.com/news/design/the-future-of-microwave-cooking-is-solid-state-2016-01/
- Application trust is hard, but Apple does it well: https://www.security-embedded.com/blog/2020/11/14/application-trust-is-hard-but-apple-does-it-well
- ‘It’s time to come home’ – Pentagon chief wants to end wars in Middle East: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/14/acting-pentagon-chief-says-wars-must-end-in-first-address.html
- Science as a Vocation, by Max Weber (1918): http://fs2.american.edu/dfagel/www/Class%20Readings/Weber/Science_as_a_Vocation.html
- The Muse (YC W12) Is Hiring a Director of Analytics and BI: https://www.themuse.com/jobs/themuse/director-of-analytics-business-intelligence
- The Best and Worst Microcontroller SDKs: https://interrupt.memfault.com/blog/the-best-and-worst-mcu-sdks
- What Is a Particle?: https://www.quantamagazine.org/what-is-a-particle-20201112
- Reverse-engineering the classic MK4116 16-kilobit DRAM chip: http://www.righto.com/2020/11/reverse-engineering-classic-mk4116-16.html
- The Black Hole Information Paradox Comes to an End: https://www.wired.com/story/the-black-hole-information-paradox-comes-to-an-end/
- How I write Elm applications: https://jezenthomas.com/how-i-write-elm-applications/
- Save like a pessimist, invest like an optimist: https://www.collaborativefund.com/blog/save-like-a-pessimist-invest-like-an-optimist/
- Butano: Modern C++ high level GameBoy Advance engine: https://github.com/GValiente/butano#butano
- Having 170 competitors in not an obstacle: https://pingr.io/blog/having-170-competitors-is-not-an-obstacle/
- Asteroid Bennu may be hollow, according to a new study: https://www.slashgear.com/asteroid-bennu-may-be-hollow-according-to-a-new-study-08646233/
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Image credit: @bambicorro
A personal blog on all things of interest. Written by Dennis O'Keeffe, Follow me on Twitter