Weekly Developer Roundup
November 22, 2020
Developer roundup from across the web for the week of 2020-11-22.
Trending This Week On Github
- microsoft/Bringing-Old-Photos-Back-to-Life (Python): Bringing Old Photo Back to Life (CVPR 2020 oral)
- elrumo/macOS_Big_Sur_icons_replacements (Vue): Replacement icons for popular apps in the style of macOS Big Sur
- apache/shardingsphere (Java): Distributed database middleware
- hug-sun/element3 (Vue): A Vue.js 3.0 UI Toolkit for Web.
- starship/starship (Rust): ☄🌌️ The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
- Hari-Nagarajan/nvidia-bot (Python): Tool to help us buy a GPU in 2020
- dromara/soul (Java): High-Performance Java API Gateway
- halfrost/LeetCode-Go (Go): ✅ Solutions to LeetCode by Go, 100% test coverage, runtime beats 100% / LeetCode 题解
- SwifterSwift/SwifterSwift (Swift): A handy collection of more than 500 native Swift extensions to boost your productivity.
- GoogleLLP/SuperMarket (Java): 设计精良的网上商城系统，包括前端、后端、数据库、负载均衡、数据库缓存等，使用SpringCloud框架，基于Java开发。该项目可部署到服务器上，不断完善中……
- PyTorchLightning/pytorch-lightning (Python): The lightweight PyTorch wrapper for high-performance AI research. Scale your models, not the boilerplate.
- thingsboard/thingsboard (Java): Open-source IoT Platform - Device management, data collection, processing and visualization.
- chakra-ui/chakra-ui (TypeScript): ⚡️ Simple, Modular & Accessible UI Components for your React Applications
- pingcap/tidb (Go): TiDB is an open source distributed HTAP database compatible with the MySQL protocol
- yichengchen/clashX (Swift): undefined
- sindresorhus/awesome : 😎 Awesome lists about all kinds of interesting topics
- kgrzybek/modular-monolith-with-ddd (C#): Full Modular Monolith application with Domain-Driven Design approach.
- elunez/eladmin (Java): 项目基于 Spring Boot 2.1.0 、 Jpa、 Spring Security、redis、Vue的前后端分离的后台管理系统，项目采用分模块开发方式， 权限控制采用 RBAC，支持数据字典与数据权限管理，支持一键生成前后端代码，支持动态路由
- natewong1313/bird-bot (Python): A Nintendo Switch checkout bot. Currently supports Walmart and Best buy
- Homebrew/brew (Ruby): 🍺 The missing package manager for macOS (or Linux)
- skylot/jadx (Java): Dex to Java decompiler
- cefsharp/CefSharp (C#): .NET (WPF and Windows Forms) bindings for the Chromium Embedded Framework
- QUANTAXIS/QUANTAXIS (Python): QUANTAXIS 支持任务调度 分布式部署的 股票/期货/期权/港股/虚拟货币 数据/回测/模拟/交易/可视化/多账户 纯本地量化解决方案
Trending This Week On Dev.To
- Simon Holdorf: 10 Inspiring Ideas for Your Next Front-End Project
- Thu Nghiem: Master CSS Grid by Building 5 Layouts in 17 Minutes
- Sylwia Vargas: 5 ways to refactor if/else statements in JS functions
- Sam Winter: 10 Ways to Speed Up React Development
- Mydrax: I feel like the quality of posts in Dev is deteriorating
- Rob OLeary: How to Make an Awesome Horizontal Parallax Animation
- Catalin Pit: Should You Start A Blog As A Developer?
- Ben Halpern: Improving the way DEV elevates the good stuff
- Vijay: Useful Linux commands
- Killian Frappart: How I built a real world project for the first time 🌈
- Hostman: Web Development from scratch: CI/CD Infrastructure & Development Process
- Philipp Giese: What does a Tech Lead do?
- Chris Bongers: Focus on one of these 9 backend frameworks to become a backend wizard
- backlinkn: Neumorphism Login Form UI Design using HTML & CSS
- Albiona: Build an E-commerce Website with Webiny Serverless Headless CMS, Next.js, and Stripe
- Kasey Speakman: I have ADHD 🌧️
- Alex Lakatos 🥑: 10 Things I Wish I’d Learned Sooner After Being a Developer for 10 Years
- Maggie Appleton: Illustrated Notes on Fixing Git Mistakes
- J3ffJessie: How to Build Good Habits and Excel as a Junior Developer
- Vitor Paladini: Responsive Snakes! And what they can teach you about CSS 🐍
- Vitor Paladini: Make Your CSS Dynamic 🕺 With Styled Components
- Saurabh Daware 🌻: The Evolution of FrontEnd Development🌻: What is WebPack, Babel, and Build-steps in Frameworks.
- Alejandro Akbal: Create your own Heroku with Dokku on DigitalOcean ⚡
- Daniel Dominguez: Serverless Architecture Patterns in #AWS
- KaRthick: Achieve Drag & Drop in react by building a GUI
- javinpaul: 20 Best Coursera Certifications & Courses from Google, Facebook, IBM, Amazon AWS. Alibaba Cloud & SAS To Join in 2021
- Johannes Kettmann: Start using Git like the pros - A hands-on course for using Git in a team [FREE]
- Pt. Prashant tripathi: Open Source Bhagavad Gita API
- Douglas Parsons: How to write IMMUTABLE code and never get stuck debugging again
- Jonathan Adly: How I learned to code & built a real software product in ~ 6 months
- Soumya Dey: Node & Express server, but with TypeScript !
- Maggie Appleton: Illustrated Notes on Custom React Hooks
Trending This Week On Hacker News
- X11 Library Sees Lots of Fixes with LibX11 1.7 Release: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=libX11-1.7.0-Released
- Linux on iPad: https://ipadlinux.org/
- The Code That Controls Your Money: https://www.wealthsimple.com/en-us/magazine/cobol-controls-your-money
- Maddy: Composable all-in-one mail server in Go: https://github.com/foxcpp/maddy
- PostgREST: REST API for any Postgres database: https://github.com/PostgREST/postgrest
- I’m building a Minecraft clone in hardware, on a tiny FPGA with 143kb of RAM: https://twitter.com/nickmqb/status/1330195947050176517
- Victoria follows South Australia and imposes electric car road tax: https://thedriven.io/2020/11/21/shameful-victoria-follows-south-australia-and-imposes-electric-car-road-tax/
- Gimp is 25 years old today: https://www.gimp.org/news/2020/11/21/25-years-of-gimp/
- Show HN: A new way of ORM in Java: https://github.com/braisdom/ObjectiveSql
- HopsFS: 100x Times Faster Than AWS S3: https://www.logicalclocks.com/blog/hopsfs-100x-times-faster-than-aws-s3
- Jan Morris Has Died: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/nov/20/jan-morris-historian-travel-writer-and-trans-pioneer-dies-aged-94
- What I didn’t know about Ruby Classes: https://dumas-olivier.medium.com/what-i-didnt-know-about-ruby-classes-9de64ee40d4d
- Pianists for Alternatively Sized Keyboards: http://paskpiano.org/about/
- Life Lessons from a 97-Year-Old Lobsterman (2019): https://www.outsideonline.com/2401643/life-lessons-97-year-old-lobsterman
- A Retargetable Forward and Inverse Renderer (Differentiable Renderer): http://rgl.epfl.ch/publications/NimierDavidVicini2019Mitsuba2
- Scientists Uncover the Universal Geometry of Geology: https://www.quantamagazine.org/geometry-reveals-how-the-world-is-assembled-from-cubes-20201119/
- Production-Oriented Development: https://paulosman.me/2019/12/30/production-oriented-development.html
- Startups: The Very Beginning: https://foundersatwork.posthaven.com/startups-the-very-beginning
- Manual Memory Management in Go using jemalloc: https://dgraph.io/blog/post/manual-memory-management-golang-jemalloc/?repost=1
- Substack (YC W18) Is Hiring to Build a Better Business Model for Writing: https://substack.com/jobs
- Developing Wayland Color Management and High Dynamic Range: https://www.collabora.com/news-and-blog/blog/2020/11/19/developing-wayland-color-management-and-high-dynamic-range/
- Deep Frozen Arctic Microbes Are Waking Up: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/deep-frozen-arctic-microbes-are-waking-up/
- The Best of NeXT Collection: http://www.kevra.org/TheBestOfNext/index.html
- Should I use SwiftUI in production? A code-to-code comparison to help you decide: https://triplebyte.com/blog/should-i-use-swiftui-in-production-heres-how-to-decide?ref=hnpost
- Guidance to developers affected by effort to block less secure browsers, apps: https://developers.googleblog.com/2020/08/guidance-for-our-effort-to-block-less-secure-browser-and-apps.html
- Wheat’s Evil Twin Has Been Intoxicating Humans for Centuries (2016): https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/wheats-evil-twin-has-been-intoxicating-humans-for-centuries
- OpenWrt and Self-Signed Certificates: https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/837491/efb881b8be4cc1c7/
- Untangling Mechanized Proofs: https://plv.csail.mit.edu/blog/alectryon.html
- Making Postgres stored procedures 9X faster in Citus: https://www.citusdata.com/blog/2020/11/21/making-postgres-stored-procedures-9x-faster-in-citus/
- GoDaddy employees used in attacks on multiple cryptocurrency services: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/11/godaddy-employees-used-in-attacks-on-multiple-cryptocurrency-services/
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Image credit: @bambicorro
A personal blog on all things of interest. Written by Dennis O'Keeffe, Follow me on Twitter