November 25, 2020
Rusticles weekly curation for Wed Nov 25 2020.
Hot Rust Articles This Week On Reddit
- Announcing Rust 1.48.0 (5 days ago)
- The story continues:
Vecnow supports custom allocators! :) (3 days ago)
- Flash Animations Live Forever at the Internet Archive [via ruffle.rs, a Flash emulator written in Rust compiled to WASM] (5 days ago)
Rust Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Aaron Schlesinger: First Lines of Rust
- K: Basic Interactions with Yew
- Maggie Appleton: WTF is Rust? The Illustrated Notes
- Luca Barbato: Testing your crate C-API
- YJDoc2: Why there seem to be less opportunities in Rust (right now) ?
- Successive Technologies: Go vs Rust: Which is the better Programming Language and Why?
- Davide Del Papa: Rocket Tutorial 03 part II: Proper testing.
- Benjamin Trent: Log clustering in Rust
- Pierre Jambet: Select Syscall in Rust
- Pablo Álvarez Corredera: ▷ El nuevo hogar de Servo
Trending Rust Repositories This Week On Github
- ruffle-rs/ruffle (Rust): A Flash Player emulator written in Rust
- servo/servo (Rust): The Servo Browser Engine
- orf/gping (Rust): Ping, but with a graph
- seanmonstar/warp (Rust): A super-easy, composable, web server framework for warp speeds.
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- tauri-apps/tauri (Rust): Build smaller, faster, and more secure desktop applications with a web frontend.
- starship/starship (Rust): ☄🌌️ The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
- timberio/vector (Rust): A high-performance, end-to-end observability data platform.
- alacritty/alacritty (Rust): A cross-platform, GPU-accelerated terminal emulator
- rust-lang/rustup (Rust): The Rust toolchain installer
- huggingface/tokenizers (Rust): 💥 Fast State-of-the-Art Tokenizers optimized for Research and Production
- meilisearch/MeiliSearch (Rust): Lightning Fast, Ultra Relevant, and Typo-Tolerant Search Engine
- rust-lang/crates.io (Rust): Source code for crates.io
- sigp/lighthouse (Rust): Rust Ethereum 2.0 Client
- tikv/tikv (Rust): Distributed transactional key-value database, originally created to complement TiDB
- gfx-rs/wgpu (Rust): Native WebGPU implementation based on gfx-hal
- makepad/makepad (Rust): Makepad is a creative software development platform for Rust that compiles to wasm/webGL, osx/metal, windows/dx11 linux/opengl
- tokio-rs/tokio (Rust): A runtime for writing reliable asynchronous applications with Rust. Provides I/O, networking, scheduling, timers, …
- casperstorm/ajour (Rust): A World of Warcraft addon manager written in Rust.
- extrawurst/gitui (Rust): Blazing 💥 fast terminal-ui for git written in rust 🦀
- crossbeam-rs/crossbeam (Rust): Tools for concurrent programming in Rust
- firecracker-microvm/firecracker (Rust): Secure and fast microVMs for serverless computing.
- linebender/druid (Rust): A data-first Rust-native UI design toolkit.
- dtolnay/cxx (Rust): Safe interop between Rust and C++
- hyperium/tonic (Rust): A native gRPC client & server implementation with async/await support.
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
A personal blog on all things of interest. Written by Dennis O'Keeffe, Follow me on Twitter