December 02, 2020
Gopher Gold weekly curation for Wed Dec 02 2020.
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
- In-process caching in Go: scaling to 100k requests/second (6 days ago)
- Golang <-time.After() is not garbage collected (4 days ago)
- Step-by-Step Guide to Use WebSockets in Golang (5 days ago)
Go Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Smruti Ranjan Rana: Golang for Web (Part-I): Build your first REST API with Golang & Fiber
- Laura Vuorenoja: DIY Christmas Radio
- Junerey Casuga: Go + gRPC with Go kit
- Sonia: Automating your routine with Golang and a CLI
- Minh-Phuc Tran: Use Go Channels as Promises and Async/Await
- Kat 🐆🐾: Learning GO with Codeacademy
- tomassirio: Bridge Design Pattern in Go
- Weerasak Chongnguluam: ทำไมเราถึงเห็นข้อมูลแบบ byte หลายที่ใน standard package ของ Go
- Josh Ellis: How to Setup MongoDB with Go
- bitsmonkey: Yet another cli with golang using cobra
- Serkan Algur: PHP Functions for Golang - phpfuncs
- Takahiro Kudo: Go - aws-sdk-go/service Unit Test
- Michele Caci: Reading stack traces in Go
- Bob Firestone: I give up. Atwood’s Law won
- Greg Holmes: Text-to-Speech Voice Calls With Go
- Solace Infotech Pvt. Ltd.: Top 11 Kubernetes Tools For 2021
- tmack8080: We all know, and Love, JSON-to-Go but did you know …
- Uģis Ģ: Embedding assets in Go without any 3rd party libraries
- handuy: Concurrency trong Go: Tổng quan cơ chế hoạt động
- Jacob Goodwin: 11 - Account API Cleanup & Fixes
- Jeroen de Kok: How to add authentication to your Go Chat application (Part 4)
- handuy: Concurrency trong Go: Tạo goroutine
- Mike Levan: Deploying a Go (golang) app to GKE
- Mohammad Aziz: How to Auto Reload Golang Applications?
- Mario Carrion: Complex Pipelines in Go (Part 4): Sane Coordination and Cancellation
- David Kröll: Progress indicator for console applications
- Brian Michalski: Practical Differential Privacy w/ Apache Beam
- Uday Yadav: Testing simple web server
- handuy: Concurrency trong Go: Tạo goroutine (phần 2)
Trending Go Repositories This Week On Github
- tal-tech/go-zero (Go): go-zero is a web and rpc framework written in Go. It’s born to ensure the stability of the busy sites with resilient design. Builtin goctl greatly improves the development productivity.
- go-kratos/kratos (Go): Kratos是bilibili开源的一套Go微服务框架，包含大量微服务相关框架及工具。
- projectdiscovery/nuclei (Go): Nuclei is a fast tool for configurable targeted scanning based on templates offering massive extensibility and ease of use.
- facebook/ent (Go): An entity framework for Go
- utkusen/urlhunter (Go): a recon tool that allows searching on URLs that are exposed via shortener services
- foxcpp/maddy (Go): ✉️ Composable all-in-one mail server.
- oam-dev/kubevela (Go): An Easy-to-use yet Highly Extensible App Platform based on Kubernetes and Open Application Model.
- ory/kratos (Go): Never build user login, user registration, 2fa, profile management ever again! Works on any operating system, cloud, with any programming language, user interface, and user experience! Written in Go.
- prysmaticlabs/prysm (Go): Go implementation of the Ethereum 2.0 blockchain
- RichardKnop/machinery (Go): Machinery is an asynchronous task queue/job queue based on distributed message passing.
- flipped-aurora/gin-vue-admin (Go): 基于gin+vue搭建的后台管理系统框架，集成jwt鉴权，权限管理，动态路由，分页封装，多点登录拦截，资源权限，上传下载，代码生成器，表单生成器，通用工作流等基础功能，五分钟一套CURD前后端代码包含数据库的快感你不要体验一下吗~,更多功能正在开发中，欢迎issue和pr~
- syncthing/syncthing (Go): Open Source Continuous File Synchronization
- pkg/errors (Go): Simple error handling primitives
- kubernetes/kubernetes (Go): Production-Grade Container Scheduling and Management
- tinode/chat (Go): Instant messaging platform. Backend in Go. Clients: Swift iOS, Java Android, JS webapp, scriptable command line; chatbots
- temporalio/temporal (Go): Temporal service and CLI
- geektutu/7days-golang (Go): 7 days golang programs from scratch (web framework Gee, distributed cache GeeCache, object relational mapping ORM framework GeeORM, rpc framework GeeRPC etc) 7天用Go动手写/从零实现系列
- etcd-io/etcd (Go): Distributed reliable key-value store for the most critical data of a distributed system
- gofiber/fiber (Go): ⚡️ Express inspired web framework written in Go
- chrislusf/seaweedfs (Go): SeaweedFS is a distributed object store and file system to store and serve billions of files fast! Object store has O(1) disk seek, transparent cloud integration. Filer supports cross-cluster active-active replication, Kubernetes, POSIX, S3 API, encryption, Erasure Coding for warm storage, FUSE mount, Hadoop, WebDAV.
- sourcegraph/sourcegraph (Go): Universal code search (self-hosted)
- derailed/k9s (Go): 🐶 Kubernetes CLI To Manage Your Clusters In Style!
- containrrr/watchtower (Go): A process for automating Docker container base image updates.
- hashicorp/vault (Go): A tool for secrets management, encryption as a service, and privileged access management
Topics from the Weekly Go Forum
- Experimenting with Go Type Parameters (Generics) in GoLand
- Passing array of Go pointers to C
- Short assignment statement looking weird
- Showing line numbers in error message
- Space gophers set
- Difference between
go build .and
go build ...?
- Libc.so.6 could not be found
- My tags not recognized on github
- Func output into a variable
- How can I print
- Implimenting the ContextDialer interface
- Add value to interface type
- Undefined: float
- Function type explanation?
- Switch over to go mod causing build errors
- IF-ELSE loop with return statement
- Matrix product with goroutines
- What is ”&” before struct?
- Bulkwrite using monogdb
- It’s very nice and HOW
- Short question about Return
- Slice permutations of r length
- Templates parsing checkboxes
- Question about basic and person data type
- How do I manipulate binary numbers in GO?
- Understanding Golang Mock
- Library load/unload method in golang
- Modules problem involving
github.com/nats-io[SOLVED (but I don’t see how!)]
- How to Create sharred library in Golang,then it will print statically linked as output on ldd
- Unable to update packages due to host name issues
- I built a minimal CLI app framework which can be configured using a single YAML file
- Add request-id to different logs - best practice with context
- Compiling the same project with go 1.14 with module and go 1.11 without module
- How to get video stream from the camera of laptop or system using golang
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Image credit: Katerina Kerdi
A personal blog on all things of interest. Written by Dennis O'Keeffe, Follow me on Twitter