Weekly Developer Roundup
December 13, 2020
Developer roundup from across the web for the week of 2020-12-13.
Trending This Week On Github
- WerWolv/ImHex (C++): A Hex Editor for Reverse Engineers, Programmers and people that value their eye sight when working at 3 AM.
- ottomated/CrewLink (TypeScript): Free, open, Among Us Proximity Chat
- bradtraversy/50projects50days (CSS): 50+ mini web projects using HTML, CSS & JS
- Tencent/rapidjson (C++): A fast JSON parser/generator for C++ with both SAX/DOM style API
- jwasham/coding-interview-university : A complete computer science study plan to become a software engineer.
- cloudwu/skynet (C): A lightweight online game framework
- xingshaocheng/architect-awesome : 后端架构师技术图谱
- vinta/awesome-python (Python): A curated list of awesome Python frameworks, libraries, software and resources
- public-apis/public-apis (Python): A collective list of free APIs for use in software and web development.
- fastlane/fastlane (Ruby): 🚀 The easiest way to automate building and releasing your iOS and Android apps
- microsoft/playwright-python (Python): Python version of the Playwright testing and automation library.
- didi/DiDiPrism (Objective-C): 小桔棱镜，一款专注移动端操作行为的利器！ A powerful tool (iOS & Android) that focuses on mobile operation behavior!
- supabase/supabase (TypeScript): Website, docs, and examples. Follow to stay updated about our public Beta.
- gto76/python-cheatsheet (Python): Comprehensive Python Cheatsheet
- taniarascia/takenote (TypeScript): 📝 A web-based notes app for developers.
- containers/podman (Go): Podman: A tool for managing OCI containers and pods
- aseprite/aseprite (C++): Animated sprite editor & pixel art tool (Windows, macOS, Linux)
- thanos-io/thanos (Go): Highly available Prometheus setup with long term storage capabilities. A CNCF Incubating project.
Trending This Week On Dev.To
- Marko Denic: GitHub repositories to improve your programming skills
- Jess Lee (she/her): Announcing the DigitalOcean App Platform Hackathon on DEV!
- Simon Holdorf: 101 Tips to Make You a Better Developer
- Nathaniel: Migrate to typescript - the advance guide
- Harsh Singh: UI Design Trend of 2021
- Rui Sousa: How I use Notion as a developer
- Dimitris Platis: Questions YOU should ask when being interviewed
- Shaundai Person: 5 Things I Learned by Asking Developers One Question
- Brenda Michelle: How to View Your Live Localhost From Your Laptop on Your Mobile Device
- Ravi Mengar: A Git Cheatsheet Of Commands Every Developer Should Use
- jun: My Mac setup for work 👩💻
- themeselection: Dominating Web Development Trends 2021💥
- Victoria Drake: What is TCP/IP? Layers and protocols explained
- Chandelier Axel: The NPM guide I would have loved as a beginner
- Sam Piggott: 4 Must-Know TypeScript Tips & Tricks
- Michael Tharrington (he/him): Community Moderation and Support on DEV
- Nick Scialli (he/him): Using a Cookie-to-Header CSRF Token in Single Page Applications
- Krzysztof Kaczyński: Git hook is the new Husky
- Dan Spratling: How I make $10k per month after only 3 months freelancing
- Ben Halpern: Rails gets out of the way when you need that most.
- Vincent Tang: Recommended Learning Path for a Self Taught Web Developer (React / NodeJS)
- Vaishnav: Simple Dark-Light toggle with VanillaJs
- Ali Spittel: Introducing the AWS Amplify Admin UI: Create an Application Backend in Clicks
- Albert Walicki: Create Beautiful Images in CSS to Buff Up Your Portfolio
- Chris Bongers: What is the wbr HTML tag and why do I need it?
- Stephanie Eckles: The 3 CSS Methods for Adding Element Borders
- Tomek Poniatowicz: Top React libraries you need to know in 2021
- Henry Boisdequin: Awesome Cheatsheets from Instagram
- Chris Bongers: Chrome DevTools: Grid Explorer
- Thu Nghiem: Web Developer Roadmap 2021 in 10 minutes
Trending This Week On Hacker News
- Why radio receivers won’t tune 800-900 MHz: https://computer.rip/2020-11-28%20the%20verboten%20band.html
- I Hacked into Facebook’s Legal Department Admin Panel: https://alaa.blog/2020/12/how-i-hacked-facebook-part-one/
- If you can’t play the new VR version of Myst, why not play the Apple II demake: http://www.deater.net/weave/vmwprod/mist/
- Become Shell Literate: https://drewdevault.com/2020/12/12/Shell-literacy.html
- Writing a Memory Allocator: http://dmitrysoshnikov.com/compilers/writing-a-memory-allocator/
- To listen well, get curious: https://www.benkuhn.net/listen/
- Earnestness: http://paulgraham.com/earnest.html
- Is deep learning a new kind of programming?: http://tomasp.net/blog/2020/learning-and-programming/
- Imgdiff: Faster than the fastest pixel-by-pixel image difference tool: https://github.com/n7olkachev/imgdiff
- Anticipating Coronavirus Vaccine UCLA Forecasts Robust Economic Recovery in 2021: https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/news-and-events/press-releases/anticipating-vaccine-ucla-anderson-forecast-expects-recovery-to-begin-in-spring-21
- Bulk loading into PostgreSQL: Options and comparison: https://www.highgo.ca/2020/12/08/bulk-loading-into-postgresql-options-and-comparison/
- Kevin Kelly on Why Technology Has a Will: https://palladiummag.com/2020/12/10/kevin-kelly-on-why-technology-has-a-will/
- The Piet-GPU Vision: https://github.com/linebender/piet-gpu/blob/master/doc/vision.md
- I built a picture frame with a greyscale e-paper that runs on battery for years: https://framelabs.eu/en/
- Re: Flex Dance: open-source dance pad: https://reflex.dance/
- Thread-Per-Core Buffer Management for a modern storage system: https://vectorized.io/blog/tpc-buffers/
- Olbers’ Paradox: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olbers%27_paradox#:~:text=In%20astrophysics%20and%20physical%20cosmology,infinite%20and%20eternal%20static%20universe.
- Risk-First Software Development: https://riskfirst.org
- The Fruits of the Deep: http://oceans.nautil.us/feature/649/the-hidden-fruits-of-the-deep
- Norman Abramson, creator of ARPAnet and Ethernet precursor ALOHAnet, dies at 88: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/11/technology/norman-abramson-dead.html
- Periodic table of the web’s APIs: http://wwwperiodictable.surge.sh/?hn5
- The Semantic Future of the Web: https://stackoverflow.blog/2020/12/10/the-semantic-future-of-the-web/?cb=1
- Rizin – a free and open-source Reverse Engineering framework: https://rizin.re/posts/announcing-rizin/
- Buy Don’t Build: https://jrott.com/posts/why-buy/
- Graphik: An identity-aware document and graph database: https://github.com/graphikDB/graphik
- Lessons learned from creating a rich-text editor with real-time collab (2018): https://ckeditor.com/blog/Lessons-learned-from-creating-a-rich-text-editor-with-real-time-collaboration/
- Yo WASM – The Easy Way to WebAssembly: https://deislabs.io/posts/introducing-yo-wasm/
- JetPack Aviation (YC W19) Is Hiring: https://jetpackaviation.com/career/
- Open Syllabus Project: Computer Science: https://opensyllabus.org/result/field?id=Computer+Science
- Understanding MRNA Covid-19 Vaccines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Image credit: @bambicorro
A personal blog on all things of interest. Written by Dennis O'Keeffe, Follow me on Twitter