December 30, 2020
Gopher Gold weekly curation for Wed Dec 30 2020.
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
- Building a BitTorrent client from the ground up in Go (6 days ago)
- From 343 trillion rows to 144 thousand rows: using indexes in query planning to get more efficient joins in our open source golang SQL query engine (1 day ago)
- Tiny message broker written in Go - nothing serious. Born out of COVID-boredom. Would love your suggestions. (6 days ago)
Go Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Alexander: Go gRPC Clean architecture microservice with Prometheus, Grafana monitoring and Jaeger opentracing ⚡️
- tomassirio: Command Design Pattern in Go
- Mohammad Gholami: Saving log messages to a custom log file in Golang
- Mario Carrion: (N)VI(M): Basic Settings
- Servio Zambrano: Webpay Plus in golang
- Jonathan Law: Golang: String Concatenation; what,how,why
- immortalt: How to migrate mgo to qmgo
- Bacancy Technology: Golang For Integrating AI Into Your Apps
- ShellRean: Golang basic: looping
- Jonathan Harrison: Part 1: Background and learning golang
- Preslav Mihaylov: Thread-Safety in Go - an Overlooked Concern
- James Wallis: What I learnt using TDD for Advent of Code (2020)
- Alberto de Murga: Embedding files natively in Go 1.16
- Jonathan Harrison: Part 4: DigitalOcean App Platform Hackathon Submission
- Bharghava Varun Ayada: Strings in Go
- Bharghava Varun Ayada: Caching records by tags in Go
- ShellRean: Golang basic: how to use array and implement it
- Figur8: DevOps Quicktips - Criando um pipeline para verificação de segurança em projetos Golang utilizando gosec no Gitlab.
- Sergio Matone: What a trip the “Traefik Autumn Edition”: true memories from a Traefik Ambassador
- Jonathan Harrison: Part 3: Developing stock-checker app
- Masayoshi Mizutani: golambda: A suite of Go utilities for AWS Lambda functions to ease adopting best practices
- Jacob Goodwin: 15 - Add Signin to Service and Repository Layers
- Jonathan Harrison: Part 2: Development environment
- Chanyut Leecharoen: Go kit … first time
- Timo E aus E: GCP Cloud Run with Pulumi + Go
- CoinMonks: Build P2SH Address and Spend its Fund in Golang
Trending Go Repositories This Week On Github
- inancgumus/learngo (Go): 1000+ Hand-Crafted Go Examples, Exercises, and Quizzes
- pion/webrtc (Go): Pure Go implementation of the WebRTC API
- owncast/owncast (Go): Take control over your live stream video by running it yourself. Streaming + chat out of the box.
- avelino/awesome-go (Go): A curated list of awesome Go frameworks, libraries and software
- sundowndev/PhoneInfoga (Go): Advanced information gathering & OSINT framework for phone numbers
- projectdiscovery/nuclei (Go): Nuclei is a fast tool for configurable targeted scanning based on templates offering massive extensibility and ease of use.
- DNSCrypt/dnscrypt-proxy (Go): dnscrypt-proxy 2 - A flexible DNS proxy, with support for encrypted DNS protocols.
- ehang-io/nps (Go): 一款轻量级、高性能、功能强大的内网穿透代理服务器。支持tcp、udp、socks5、http等几乎所有流量转发，可用来访问内网网站、本地支付接口调试、ssh访问、远程桌面，内网dns解析、内网socks5代理等等……，并带有功能强大的web管理端。a lightweight, high-performance, powerful intranet penetration proxy server, with a powerful web management terminal.
- chrislusf/seaweedfs (Go): SeaweedFS is a distributed object store and file system to store and serve billions of files fast! Object store has O(1) disk seek, transparent cloud integration. Filer supports cross-cluster active-active replication, Kubernetes, POSIX, S3 API, encryption, Erasure Coding for warm storage, FUSE mount, Hadoop, WebDAV.
- emirpasic/gods (Go): GoDS (Go Data Structures). Containers (Sets, Lists, Stacks, Maps, Trees), Sets (HashSet, TreeSet, LinkedHashSet), Lists (ArrayList, SinglyLinkedList, DoublyLinkedList), Stacks (LinkedListStack, ArrayStack), Maps (HashMap, TreeMap, HashBidiMap, TreeBidiMap, LinkedHashMap), Trees (RedBlackTree, AVLTree, BTree, BinaryHeap), Comparators, Iterators, …
- fatedier/frp (Go): A fast reverse proxy to help you expose a local server behind a NAT or firewall to the internet.
- gocolly/colly (Go): Elegant Scraper and Crawler Framework for Golang
- micro/micro (Go): Micro is a platform for cloud native development
- facebook/ent (Go): An entity framework for Go
- pingcap/tidb (Go): TiDB is an open source distributed HTAP database compatible with the MySQL protocol
- ethereum/go-ethereum (Go): Official Go implementation of the Ethereum protocol
- gwuhaolin/livego (Go): live video streaming server in golang
- apache/dubbo-go (Go): Go Implementation For Apache Dubbo
- AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome (Go): Network-wide ads & trackers blocking DNS server
- fyne-io/fyne (Go): Cross platform GUI in Go based on Material Design
- inconshreveable/ngrok (Go): Introspected tunnels to localhost
- jech/galene (Go): The Galène videoconferencing server
- Dreamacro/clash (Go): A rule-based tunnel in Go.
- asim/go-micro (Go): Go Micro is a framework for distributed systems development
- golang/go (Go): The Go programming language
Topics from the Weekly Go Forum
- Progress Bar Library
- Instantiate goroutine in Function
- API returns malformed JSON but works in browser
- Fetch result from API server
- Godoc -http localhost connection refused
- Added golint to path
- Senior Full Stack Engineer (Remote - Go/Angular)
- Relationship between go routines
- Use copy or reference for a struct that has a embedded reference type
- Is it necessary to close a channel at a specified place
- Find all selected words in a given text
- Beginner in golang
- Why does ~ operator is not supported in Golang
- What happens when a channel connects one producer to multiple consumers
- Please tell me at least helpfull google request (Image/color)
- Confused with Stringer interface
- How does the trace package assigns the goroutine their ID’s?
- Compile a statically linked and position independent executable
- Please, help a nube to write code “GoWay”
- Excluding dupplicates in FindAllString regex
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Image credit: Katerina Kerdi
A personal blog on all things of interest. Written by Dennis O'Keeffe, Follow me on Twitter