January 20, 2021
Gopher Gold weekly curation for Wed Jan 20 2021.
Go Articles This Week On Dev.To
- TECH SCHOOL: How to securely store passwords?
- chinedu | ddevguys: What is a TCP?
- Forest Hoffman: Intercepting RESTful Responses with Middleware
- Stefan Wuthrich: Help me do a Go Newsletter you will like
- Jeff Lindsay: Large Type legacy celebrated in 80 line Go program
- Tomas Sirio: Structure your Go projects into sub-directories
- Toby Chui: Upload a file larger than RAM size in Go
- Viacheslav Poturaev: Serving compressed static assets with HTTP in Go 1.16
- Muaaz Saleem: Creating a Go Kubernetes client with client-go
- Ruben Sanchez: Go RabbitMQ to Kafka ETL with zero lines of Go!
- Mario Carrion: Configuring Gitlab CI and Private Go Modules
- wachira_Dev: Will Golang ever stop using their strict GOPATH path in order to code with it
- Muaaz Saleem: Pros and Cons of Using client-go in Kubernetes controllers
- Mathis Van Eetvelde: Serving images from S3 using AWS Lambda and Golang!
- Bruno Calza: Discovering and exploring mmap using Go
- Muaaz Saleem: Parsing Admission Requests in a Validating Admission Webhook
- Muaaz Saleem: Validating Admission Requests in a Validating Admission Webhook
- Muaaz Saleem: 5 Time saving things about client-go, I didn’t know!
- Clavin June: Max Heap in Go
- Weerasak Chongnguluam: ลองเล่น Go Fiber web framework
- sterben: golang pointer confusing
- Muaaz Saleem: Creating a Test HTTP Server in Go
- Pacharapol Withayasakpunt: Why are C and C++ slow to build?
- wachira_Dev: Just found out top 10 starred public repos in Github are written in Go.
- Lezgin Bakircioglu: Boosting the assembly process with AWS serverless & Axis camera
- Paul Bradley: Amazon Rekognition using the Go AWS API
- Christos Matskas: Calling Cognitive Services Securely with Go and Azure AD
- Steve Coffman: Don’t Panic: Catching Panics in Errgroup Goroutines
- Jogendra Kumar: Import Cycles in Golang: How To Deal With Them
- Muaaz Saleem: Making the ValidatingWebhook Testable
- Haseeb Majid: How to create a Golang Web Application using Fizz
- mnm is not mail: How I volunteered to re-architect Internet email
- Hector Castro: Creating Go Application Releases with GoReleaser
- daftyw: Go กับ Java ใครเร็วกว่า (แบบ Native)
Trending Go Repositories This Week On Github
- juicedata/juicefs (Go): JuiceFS is a distributed POSIX file system built on top of Redis and S3.
- zqjzqj/mtSecKill (Go): 京东茅台抢购
- moby/moby (Go): Moby Project - a collaborative project for the container ecosystem to assemble container-based systems
- influxdata/telegraf (Go): The plugin-driven server agent for collecting & reporting metrics.
- golang/mock (Go): GoMock is a mocking framework for the Go programming language.
- tailscale/tailscale (Go): The easiest, most secure way to use WireGuard and 2FA.
- ory/hydra (Go): OpenID Certified™ OpenID Connect and OAuth Provider written in Go - cloud native, security-first, open source API security for your infrastructure. SDKs for any language. Compatible with MITREid.
- smartcontractkit/chainlink (Go): node of the decentralized oracle network, bridging on and off-chain computation
- graphql-go/graphql (Go): An implementation of GraphQL for Go / Golang
- kubernetes/kubernetes (Go): Production-Grade Container Scheduling and Management
- spf13/cobra (Go): A Commander for modern Go CLI interactions
- etcd-io/etcd (Go): Distributed reliable key-value store for the most critical data of a distributed system
- terraform-providers/terraform-provider-azurerm (Go): Terraform provider for Azure Resource Manager
- authelia/authelia (Go): The Single Sign-On Multi-Factor portal for web apps
- mitchellh/mapstructure (Go): Go library for decoding generic map values into native Go structures and vice versa.
- juicedata/juicesync (Go): A tool to move your data between any clouds or regions.
- coredns/coredns (Go): CoreDNS is a DNS server that chains plugins
- gravitational/teleport (Go): Secure Access for Developers that doesn’t get in the way.
- slackhq/nebula (Go): A scalable overlay networking tool with a focus on performance, simplicity and security
- mattermost/mattermost-server (Go): Open source Slack-alternative in Golang and React - Mattermost
- DATA-DOG/go-sqlmock (Go): Sql mock driver for golang to test database interactions
- kataras/iris (Go): The fastest HTTP/2 Go Web Framework. AWS Lambda, gRPC, MVC, Unique Router, Websockets, Sessions, Test suite, Dependency Injection and more. A true successor of expressjs and laravel | 谢谢 https://github.com/kataras/iris/issues/1329 |
- go-yaml/yaml (Go): YAML support for the Go language.
- hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws (Go): Terraform AWS provider
Topics from the Weekly Go Forum
- Generate big number
- Is it too late for Go’s generics?
- Help With UDP Broadcast
- Parse duration with time.Parse using time.Sub
- How to create statically linked SO in golang
- Senior Backend Engineer (EST. AND CST. TIMEZONES)
- Help!main..inittask: relocation target lib..inittask not defined
- Random crash when running simple ‘Hello World’ style program
- Using modules not able to import a simple struct
- Return .\test.go:25:1: missing return at end of function why?
- Executing bash command with sudo privileges
- How to check if two dates are in between two dates?
- Golang AWS SDK - AuthorizeSecurityGroupIngress
- Accessing the struct field
- Why the variable is not being updated inside the for loop?
- How rand SetString
- Trying to run function; can’t call from module
- Go logger interface
- Bit wise operation of float64
- Opening an image directly from URL
- How to build by source file
- How to convert 2D array to RGB image?
- Embedding pointers or values
- How to join multiple array into single value json?
- New open source project: archivist - Generates data structure definitions from JSON files for any kind of programming language
- Embedding pointer or not?
- Any resource for Context in http
- Http Server Large File Upload Memory usage issue
- Senior Software Engineer - 100% Remote - GreyNoise
- Unable to read from UNIX socket using net.Conn.Read
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Image credit: Katerina Kerdi
A personal blog on all things of interest. Written by Dennis O'Keeffe, Follow me on Twitter